Use our daily help to improve your English.
|Tenses > Present Continuous|
1. The present continuous is used to talk about actions or events that are happening at the moment:
- I am writing a letter to my parents.
- Letīs stay at home. It is raining.
2. The present continuous is used to indicate that an action or activity is temporary rather than permanent:
- Andy is staying with some friends until he finds a flat.
- Their son is working in an office for two weeks.
3. We also use the present continuous to speak about changes, developments and trends:
- Our city is developing all the time.
- Unemployment and inflation are falling in Europe.
4. We can also use the present continuous to speak about future arrangements:
- We are going to the cinema tonight.
- What are you doing on Sunday ?