Use our daily help to improve your English.
|Tenses > Will for the future|
1. We use will when we decide to do something at the time of speaking:
- This bag is so heavy I can hardly carry it! - Okay. I will carry it.
- Did you buy milk? – Oh no, I actually forgot it. I will go and buy some now.
2. Will is usually used in promises:
- I will give you a call tonight.
- I won´t tell anybody what you said. (Won´t – will not)
3. Will is used when asking somebody to do something:
- Will you hold the door open for me, please?
- Will you be quiet, please? I am writing an important letter.
4. You can use won´t to say that somebody refuses to do something:
- I wanted Jane to speak with Jill but she won´t listen. (she refuses to listen)
5. Will can express the idea of a general prediction about the future:
- I think Tanya will pass the exam.
- Jillian won´t get the job. She does not have enough experience.